IT SECURITY: DEFENSE AGAINST THE DIGITAL DARK ARTS.
- CERTIFICATE ID: KTX4C5XULDR3
- VERIFY THE AUTHENTICITY: HERE
- COST: 49$.
- Certified by: Coursera Powered by Google Inc.
This course covers a wide variety of IT security concepts, tools, and best practices. It introduces threats and attacks and the many ways they can show up. I gained some background on encryption algorithms and how they’re used to safeguard data. Then, I dove into the three A's of information security: authentication, authorization, and accounting. I also covered network security solutions, ranging from firewalls to WiFi encryption options. The course is rounded out by putting all these elements together into a multi-layered, in-depth security architecture, followed by recommendations on how to integrate a culture of security into your organization or team.
After completing this course, I am able to:
● how various encryption algorithms and techniques work as well as their benefits and limitations.
● various authentication systems and types.
● the difference between authentication and authorization.
● how to evaluate potential risks and recommend ways to reduce risk.
● best practices for securing a network.
● how to help others to grasp security concepts and protect themselves.